Looking for a specific subject?

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Choice Reads



Imperfect Endings: A Daughter's Tale of Life and Death; Zoe FitzGerald Carter      

After living with Parkinson's for 20 years, Carter's headstrong mother, Margaret, decides she wants to end her life - and have her three daughters by her side when she goes. It's a decision that leaves Carter, the youngest child, in distress.

Will her mother really go through with it? If so, how soon? Margaret, it turns out, has already contacted the Hemlock Society. Bookshelves loaded with literature about death and dying further attest to her convictions.

Bringing a provocative new perspective to the assisted suicide debate, Imperfect Endings is the uplifting true story of a woman determined to die on her own terms and the family who has to learn to let her go.  

Available for $20 through Dying With Dignity Canada. Contact us at 1. 800. 0495. 6156 or info@dyingwithdignity.ca

For more information on the Author or the book, see: www.zoefitzgeraldcarter.com

1 comment:

  1. I am very pleased to have my book listed on this blog and encourage readers to contact me through my website (zoefitzgeraldcarter.com) with any questions or responses to the book.
    Although the book chronicles the struggle I went through to accept my mother's decision to end her life, I did in the end support her wishes and am a strong advocate of legalized assisted suicide.
    I also have great respect for groups like Dying With Dignity and admire the important work you do.
    Very best,
    Zoe FitzGerald Carter

    (As mention on my website, I am available to talk to book clubs by phone or on skype.)

    ReplyDelete